The Mayor's office, along with organizations such as the United Way and Bridges to Success, have formed the Afterschool Coalition of Indianapolis (ACI). Our mission is straightforward: Through collaborative efforts, the Afterschool Coalition of Indianapolis supports the strategic planning, development, and expansion of quality, affordable afterschool and summer learning programs for children and families throughout central Indiana.
We are anxious for every afterschool program provider or aspiring program provider to be a part of our membership. There is no fee to be a member, but regular meeting attendance is required and we encourage members to serve on committees and interact regularly with other members.
Check our calendar for upcoming meeting dates and training activities provided by our members.
ACI General Meeting
Tue, March 9, 10:30am – 12:00pm
MSD of Washington Township, H. Dean Evans Community and Education Center
MSD of Decatur Twp's Challenger Learning Center
Fri, March 12, 6pm – 9pm
"Count Your Lucky Stars"
Bring Abraham Lincoln into your afterschool program!
The Indiana State Museum will present programs in the Spring of 2010 in conjunction with the openings of the Library of Congress' With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition and the Indiana State Museum's With Charity For All: The Lincoln Financial Foundation Collection.
Lincoln programming includes: Cultural History Workshops: Indiana and the Civil War, Pioneer Indiana and Underground Railroad Self-Guided Tour Education Trunks: Indiana in Lincoln's Time and Indiana and the Civil War Abraham Lincoln & Frederick Douglass program Forensics of an Assassination theater program Teacher Institute on Abraham Lincoln
Call 317.232.1637 to make your reservation today!
Despite continuing economic challenges throughout the state and country, AYS has been making changes and building partnerships to show that we are still going strong.
- Thanks to the in-kind support of Ryan Miller, owner of Ryan Miller Designs and an AYS board member, we have “refreshed” our brand with a new logo. Our revamped website will launch soon.
- Boston’s PBS-affiliate chose AYS as one of its Indianapolis partner agencies to offer science enrichment in select AYS after-school programs.
- We continue to provide arts, health and multicultural enrichment to the children in our care with the help of internships funded by grant support and service-learning students from local universities.
- AYS piloted Survey of Afterschool Youth Outcomes at the Crooked Creek program site to measure benefits of the after-school program in behavior and homework.
- Currently, 11 AYS programs are nationally accredited
ACI is a partner affilitate of the
Indiana Afterschool Network (IAN)
IAN strives to ensure that all Indiana children and youth have access to high quality programs beyond the school day. For more information on stimulus and other funding, advocacy, networking and other resources, go to